Signs That You’re a Good Smile Makeover Candidate
Not sure if a smile makeover is something you’re ready to commit to? Ask yourself the following:
- Are you embarrassed to reveal your teeth?
- Do you smile with your mouth closed?
- Do you avoid having your picture taken?
- Do you cover your mouth when you laugh or smile?
- Do biting and chewing cause discomfort?
- Do you wish you had teeth that were straight or white?
Answering “yes” to one or more of these questions is an automatic indicator that you could be a good smile makeover candidate. Everyone deserves to have teeth that look good, feel good, and function properly so you can feel great about yourself.
Common Smile Makeover Treatments
Smile makeovers can consist of cosmetic dentistry, restorative dentistry, and neuromuscular dentistry. They can include one dental treatment or several procedures. You may complete your makeover in one dental visit or over the course of weeks or months. There are many ways to make the upgrades happen, and all that matters is that they’re customized just for you.
Some of the most common smile makeover treatments include:
- Porcelain veneers: Conceal every imperfection with perfectly customized porcelain shields.
- Teeth whitening: Brighten teeth with professional grade bleaching products.
- Invisalign: Straighten your teeth discreetly with clear aligners in about a year.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Fix decay and imperfections, replace silver fillings, or repair damaged teeth.
- Porcelain crowns: Cover an unsightly, misshapen, stained, or damaged tooth.
- Dental implants: Replace a missing tooth crown and root with a permanent, natural-looking restoration.
- TMJ treatment: Correct joint imperfections with a physical therapy, oral appliances, and more.
Your Smile Makeover Consultation
You can visit your Bethesda dentist for a consultation to discuss your smile goals, budget, and more. Nothing will take place until you give the green light and your dentist agrees that the procedures are right for you.
The smile makeover process is simple and clear:
- Get a dental exam: Every smile makeover begins with a dental exam to ensure your oral health is in good shape. Your teeth and gums must be healthy, strong, and free of decay or infection before any repairs can be done.
- Talk to your dentist: Your Bethesda dentist wants to know all your complaints and hopes for your smile. This information makes it possible for you to receive accurate recommendations that suit your smile goals, budget, timeline, and comfort level.
- Say, “Go!”: If you’re undergoing several procedures to get your perfect smile, your dentist will determine the best order in which to make them happen. Dental restorations will likely be first, followed by cosmetic upgrades.
Get a Smile Makeover from Your Bethesda Dentist
A smile makeover can truly fix everything you dislike about your smile. No matter what you think can’t be fixed, it can be with help from the experts at Bethesda Family Dentistry. All you have to do is reach out and ask for help.
Whether your teeth are stained or crooked, gapped or chipped, whether you have old dental work or silver fillings, a narrow smile or missing teeth, every problem can be addressed under the adept hands of the dentists at our practices. Even one dental treatment can be the difference between incredible self-confidence and feeling self-conscious.