Porcelain Veneers or Braces
It’s never too late to get the smile you’ve desired and have always wanted. If the resolution of your new year is to get your teeth fixed forever, it might be time to explore your options. Porcelain veneers or braces are excellent options!
The major difference between braces and veneers is that the porcelain veneers are more of a layer attached to the teeth to give you a new smile while braces are used to adjust and straighten teeth in the mouth. These Porcelain veneers are made of ceramics that are lifelike, once attached, and they resemble the real enamel of the teeth. However, one of the disadvantages of the veneers is that they are much of a cosmetic procedure.
Advantages of porcelain veneers
- Stands as a resistance to future fading or discoloration of the teeth
- The treatment requires just a little preparation and also allows patients to preserve almost all their natural enamel
- A dental product that resists significant level of wear
- The teeth, of course, looks beautiful, all thanks to the translucent and thin material which porcelain veneers are made from.
- Porcelain veneers directly and drastically improve your smile after only a few dental appointments, maybe even in just a week.
- There is an aesthetic improvement of other aspects of the teeth, such as shape, size, and color
This treatment is effective for teeth stained with tetracycline, or for filling that has eventually discolored over a period of time and can fill small spaces between structurally sound teeth. The Porcelain procedure requires the most minimal anesthesia and can usually be completed in two or three session’s right from diagnosis to bonding.
Benefits of Braces
With braces, keeping your set of teeth the way they are is possible, and it is seen as a non-invasive way of treating your smile. It also helps avoid extracting any other teeth. For cosmetic braces, it is possible to avoid removing your teeth or tooth and is an excellent way to correct misaligned teeth.
Obligations in using braces
Based on choice, some people choose against wearing braces because of the duration it takes in moving the teeth. However, there are clinics which will provide braces that can straighten your teeth much faster than the more conventional or old braces. It should be known, however, that braces itself can be offputting for some people whether it is fixed or removable.
Relapse or retention
After straightening the teeth, retention is the next most important factor. Retainers must be used, otherwise the teeth will move back to its undesired former position.