Makeover Your Smile With Cosmetic Dentistry
It’s no mystery that dental work can get pretty expensive, but there’s a less definable cost that comes with an imperfect smile. While it may seem a simple case of vanity research has shown that your smile goes a long ways towards a first impression, and an imperfect smile can actually impact your ability to get a job and promotions. If you have dental issues that make you hide your smile, it’s time to talk to someone about getting a smile makeover to restore your confidence and help propel you forward in your career and life.
How Do I Know If A Smile Makeover Is Right For Me?
While just being embarrassed by your smile is enough, there are a few indicators that a smile makeover could make a huge change in your life and your confidence. Read through the following set of self-assessment questions and you’ll be on the road to determining if you should investigate cosmetic dentistry:
• Do you hide your teeth when you know photos are being taken?
• Do you have gaps in your teeth that make you self-conscious?
• Do you feel the appearance of your teeth ages you?
• Do you find yourself holding back a smile to avoid showing your teeth?
• Do you have stains or yellowing of your teeth that bothers you?
• When you laugh, smile or talk do you hold your hand in front of your mouth?
• Do you have teeth that appear worn down and old?
• Do you feel that your teeth appear shorter because of a lot of gum appearing in your smile?
• Do you have damaged or crowded teeth?
• Do you envy the beautiful smiles of others?
If you’ve answered yes to one or more of these questions than odds are good you’ll benefit from having cosmetic dentistry performed. All of these issues are able to be addressed in the dentist office using a number of techniques ranging from whitening to teeth contouring, and other techniques.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry is the application of one or more techniques to improve the appearance of a patients smile. While some methods are relatively simple, like whitening, others are a bit more involved but are also capable of treating more advanced cosmetic issues like cracked or missing teeth. By speaking with your dentist you’ll be able to get an assessment and determine what aspects of cosmetic dentistry will work for you.
If you live in the Bethesda, MD area and are considering cosmetic dentistry, pick up the phone and give Dr. Deborah Tabb a call at Bethesda Family Dentistry. She, along with her team of experts, will provide you and your family with great cosmetic dentistry options, as well as providing exceptional standard oral care as your family grows and thrives. Don’t let an imperfect smile leave you feeling embarrassed and ashamed to show your joy with a smile or a burst of laughter, call today and set yourself on the path to beautiful teeth.