Dental Implants: Restoring A Natural Beauty To Your Smile
Most people believe that it isn’t possible to restore your teeth once they’ve been removed and that any form of replacement must be uncomfortable and prone to embarrassing mishaps. These people remember the dentures of their grandparents, odd and slightly off-putting devices that sat like some horror movie trope on their nightstand in a jar. This is no longer the reality of replacement teeth. While these forms of dentures are still available, implants are seeing a rising popularity as a convenient and comfortable alternative to dentures.
How Are Dental Implants Different From Dentures?
Rather than being a removable piece that is removed and placed back in your mouth every evening, implants are often a permanent fixture. Due to this patients experience the feeling of a return to their natural teeth, implanted textures fit the following criteria:
- Semi-Permanent Dentures – These can be removed/adjusted during dental visits.
- Stain/Decay Resistant – They remain bright and beautiful for the life of the patient.
- Easily Cleaned – Regular oral care will maintain them, just like natural teeth.
- Comfortable – Having dental implants feels like having your natural teeth back.
Can Dental Implants Really Help Me?
When you get dental implants back, you get to return to the same life you had with your natural teeth. Dental implants can restore normal eating and speaking habits as they feel almost indistinguishable from your natural teeth. Some great features of dental implants are as follows:
- A Brighter Appearance – Your smile plays a huge role in your overall appearance, which in turn can result in better first impressions and increased confidence.
- Greater Speech Clarity – Our teeth play a vital role in our ability to speak and communicate clearly.
- Easier, More Comfortable Eating – When we lose our natural teeth, it becomes more difficult to enjoy the foods we love. Implants help return the ability to enjoy them!
- Longer Lasting Dental Health – Bridges wear away at the teeth they use to support them, accelerating the decay of your teeth. Implants can actually strengthen your jaw and protect their neighboring teeth.
- Great Durability – Implants have incredible durability and are designed to stand the test of time. Proper care will give you a set of teeth that will last you a lifetime.
Implants Are Your Route To A Beautiful, Lasting Smile
For too long the loss of teeth led to a permanent change in our lifestyles, with every additional missing tooth leading to a loss of our beauty, degrading health, and a loss of our favorite foods. When dentures first came about, they were a life-saver, but they also came with embarrassment and awkwardness brought on by being not quite whole.
Dental implants give you your confidence and wholeness back as they are nearly indistinguishable from your natural teeth. Isn’t it time you return to smiling with confidence and enjoying those things that make life worth living? Call your dentist today if you want to know if dental implants are right for you.