5 Reasons Why You Should Get Your Teeth Whitened
If you’ve been considering getting your teeth whitened professionally but just can’t seem to come up with a solid reason why, you’re not alone. Every year thousands of patients who could benefit from having their teeth whitened hesitate for fear that doing so is just a case of vanity. Looking your best is something that everyone has a right to, and whitening your teeth can really bring out that beautiful smile. If you’re looking for reasons to get your teeth whitened, here are just a few examples!
- Discoloration – Throughout our lives our teeth can become stained from the foods we eat, habits we’ve broken (or are trying to break), or just plain time and the buildup of tartar. Whitening is a great way to help turn back the clock and have your teeth looking their best.
- Special Events – Do you have a graduation coming up? Have you finally got that promotion and you’re heading out to celebrate? Is it your wedding day and you want your teeth to shine? Or maybe it’s your divorce and you want your grin to win over that next special someone. All of these are great reason to get your teeth whitened.
- Job Interviews – Regardless of whether or not white teeth speaks to an applicants talents, research has revealed that a shining white smile makes a difference at an interview. It can also help you when negotiating pay raises and chasing that promotion. First impressions matter, and a self-assured smile is part of a great first impression.
- Smoking Stains – We all know that smoking isn’t good for your lungs, but did you know it’s also terrible for your teeth? The tar and nicotine from the smoke can build up on your teeth and produce a long lasting stain that won’t go away without help.
- Yellowing With Age – As we get older our teeth can naturally start to yellow from years of hard use. Without taking care of them through whitening our teeth will just continue to get darker and make us look older. Recapture the shine of youth with teeth whitening.
What Kinds Of Whitening Are Available?
There are a broad variety of whitening options available over-the-counter at your local pharmacy. From whitening toothpaste, strips, and gums, to long stay trays that can really do wonders you’ll find them on your dental aisle. If your stained teeth need something more aggressive it may be time to talk to your dentist about special services they offer.
If you live in the Bethesda, RI area you’ve got a great option available for this cosmetic treatment for your teeth. Dr. Deborah Tabb works closely with her community to bring great health care and beautiful white teeth to her patients through her office at Bethesda Family Dentistry. Whitening isn’t just a procedure to boost your vanity, the appearance of your teeth can have real effects on your social and work life, as well as your own sense of self-confidence. Don’t be ashamed of yellowing teeth, stop by Bethesda Family Dentistry and see about whitening services today!